Department of Archaeology was established since 2000. The department accepted students in 2012-2013 academic year. Archaeological Workshop had done from 24-6-2013 to 26-6–2013. Research papers read by U Win Maung (Tampawady), Dr. Tin Maung Kyi and Dr. Yee Yee Aung.
Research Areas & Interest
- Prehistoric Archaeology in Myanmar (Early man in Myanmar, Samon and Mu valley)
- Archaeology in South East Asia
- Ancient Myanmar Civilisation (Including Pyu, Mon and Arakan)
- Buddhist Art and Architecture
- Historical Archaeology in Myanmar (Bagan, Pinya, Innwa, Taung U, Nyaung Yan, Konbaung, and Yadana Bon Period)