Department of Law, Mandalay University was opened in the year 1993.
Department of Law,Mandalay Univerity was established in 1993.Bechelor of Laws was started from 1993 to 2000.2013-2014 Academic Year is a year opening again 1st Year outstanding students in Mandalay University.Master Program was started in 1998,Ph.D programme in 2010.Diploma program were opened since 1998 as the Human Resources Development Programmes.
A leading department dedicated to promoting teaching and research.
♦Preparing our emphasis on teaching through the integration of theory and practice; ♦Serving law students by teaching legal problem solving,leadership and teamwork skills; ♦Encourageing students to respect ideas and their free expression,and to rejoice in discovery and in critical through; ♦Providing the quality learning and teaching environment for the wellbeing of students;and Extending the frontiers of knowledge through research, and scholarship.
- Undergraduate L.L.B programme allows the students who got the highest marks in the marticulation exam.The duration is five years and each year is divided into two semesters in which each semester lasts for four months.The interval period between them is two months.The students have to sit the examination in both semesters to accomplish their school year.All the students in each year are essential for the students to cope with the legal knowledge for L.L.B degree.
- Postgraduate The period of enrollment required for completion is usually two years for the Master Programme (one and half years for attending Lecture, Seminar and the rest 6 months for Thesis).Law Department offers Three Specialized Field for Master Progrmme.Those Programmes cover a wide range of field of Law, broadly classified into the following Three Specialized Categories; (1)Civil Law , (2)International Law , (3)Commercial Law
- Graduate Diploma The duration of the courses for Diploma in Business Law and International Law is nine months.Any graduate who passes the entrance examination can attend the Diploma Courses
- Doctoral In order to complete the Doctoral course students must be enrolled in the course for five years.One year Preliminary Course by attending class participating in seminars is necessary.Period prescribed for dissertation is 4 years.Under the supervision of their academic supervisors ,students must organize the results of their research into a doctoral dissertation.
- Entrance Examination Applicants for the Master Programme and Doctoral Programme are taken by written examination (entrance examination) as first screening.The second screening is oral examination.
Date : Monday-Friday
Time : 10 AM – 4 PM
Research Areas & Interest