Since 1947, Mandalay University College has offered Philosophy Subject. At that time Philosophy was affiliated to Psychology as a Subject. In 1964, they became separate subjects.
In 1986, they stand separate Departments respectively. Philosophy Department offered both the undergraduate and post-graduate programs. The PhD programme has first been offered in 2003-2004 Academic Year.
- To be recognized Myanmar Philosophy and Myanmar way of thinking by the circle of World Philosophy
- To produce high quality graduates as well as post-graduates and doctoral degree
- To create a conductive and student-centric environment to advance teaching and learning
- To provide opportunities for advanced learning and life-long learning
- To foster sound, creative and wisdom-loving intellectuals through critical introspection on various philosophical problems of human beings and human society
Research Areas & Interest
- Philosophy of Culture
- Eastern Philosophy
- Western Philosophy
- Buddhist Culture
- Myanmar Philosophical Thought
- Ethics & Aesthetics